Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 2.4 ghz network disappeared

Pat73
Aspirant

2.4 ghz network disappeared

The 2.4g network option just vanished and only 5 g left to access for WiFi.  Multiple devices run on 2.4g.  Have rebooted modem and R6700 nighthawk router with no luck. Have installed the Netgear Genie and can see the 2.4 and 5g should both be available and working, but only 5g works. Have updated firmware v1.2.0.76, STILL NO LUCK. Customer support ran diagnostics and hardware is fine. Out of warranty and they want $89 to solve problem. HELP community Please!! Not computer savvy so need user-friendly explanation and solution. Thanks a million

Model R6700; Firmware V1.2.0.76; OS Window 7

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a simple factory reset? 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Then reinstall the router. 

Message 2 of 11

What does the 21.4 GHz LED look like?

Message 3 of 11
Pat73
Aspirant

Thanks. Tried that before calling the “non-support without paying” Netgear customer service. Reading through the more technical post solutions and trying them. Was thinking of just purchasing a new router (not Netgear) and be done with it.
Message 4 of 11
Pat73
Aspirant

The 2.4 light is on but not blinking. The 5 g light is on and blinking. Read that if light is blinking means that there is activity on the line. Netgear support contradicts this. Installed Netgear Genie to view router activity online. It says 2.4 is on and ready but when I click to switch over to it, no luck.
Message 5 of 11
Pat73
Aspirant

2.4 g light is on but solid; 5G light is on and blinking
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 11
plemans
Guru

Have you tried downgrading the firmware a version? 

Message 7 of 11
Jasperfai
Aspirant

Hi there,
Do you have any update on this? My 2.4g just disappeared today…. I have Xfinity. Did you buy a new one like u mentioned? Can’t believe one has to pay to get support…..
Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Reset the modem/router and setup from scratch. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Jasperfai wrote:
Hi there,
Do you have any update on this? My 2.4g just disappeared today…. I have Xfinity. Did you buy a new one like u mentioned? Can’t believe one has to pay to get support…..

Message 9 of 11
Jasperfai
Aspirant

Thank you. The 7-second factory reset did the trick!!

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7