Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 & USB Flash drive

Markg2
Tutor

AC1900 & USB Flash drive

I plugged in a flash drive to the router's port, setup ReadyCloud and the data I backed up from my laptop to the FD is on the Netgear server. I have a few questions:

1. The router's LED associated with the USB port is not/never lit?

2. Using the iOS app I can see the contents of the SD mirrored on Netgear's server. However, I thought one would be able to access their home machine/network from the app and not just the mirrored contents of the SD?

I don't suppose someone knows why the router USB port is designed in such a way that the SD must be inserted upside down hidding the FD's traffic light ;-)?

Mark

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: AC1900 & USB Flash drive

Hi Markg2,

Here are the answers to your question:

1.  The router's USB LED should lit up if a USB drive is connected to the router. Can you try to plug a different drive and see if it will lit up. Try checking the two USB ports.

2. ReadyCloud is a feature for you to access the USB drive connected to the router. You can only access files saved on the drive and not the files in your network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: AC1900 & USB Flash drive

Hi Markg2,

Here are the answers to your question:

1.  The router's USB LED should lit up if a USB drive is connected to the router. Can you try to plug a different drive and see if it will lit up. Try checking the two USB ports.

2. ReadyCloud is a feature for you to access the USB drive connected to the router. You can only access files saved on the drive and not the files in your network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7