Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best method to connect an R8000 with Verizon FIOS

labuss
Aspirant

Best method to connect an R8000 with Verizon FIOS

Hi folks

I have Verizon FIOS 50/50Mbps

I had been using an Apple Extreme base station cabled to one of the access ports in the Verizon router (didnt use the WAN connection). I purchased an R8000 and cabled it up the same way and configured it accordingly. I use the DHCP server on the FIOS router. In the past has been always able to access the Apple base station through their utilities (Airport Utility) but cannot connect to the R8000 via www.routerconnect.net/com. How can I regain the type of access? I would like to connect to the R8000 wirelessly. All my devices can connect to the R8000 and access the net. I find it odd that I cannot connect to the R8000.

to achieve the best performance from all devices. What is the preferred method to connect an R8000 into a Verizon FIOS network. BTW The FIOS wireless is disabled.

Thanks

-LB

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Best method to connect an R8000 with Verizon FIOS

Assuming that you want to set up the R8000 as an Access Point, the official way to do it is to enable AP Mode in ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP and connect it to the network via its WAN port.  Yes, the WAN port.  This is allegedly the only way that will permit you to log into the router via www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com, not www.routerconnect.net/com (where did you come up with that URL?).  Your device needs to be connected directly to the R8000 for either of these URLs to work.  They won't work, for example, if you are connected directly to Verizon router.

The old school method of disabling the DHCP server and connecting via the LAN port work insofar as the router will function as an Access Point, but you may not be able to log into it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Assuming that you want to set up the R8000 as an Access Point, the official way to do it is to enable AP Mode in ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP and connect it to the network via its WAN port.  Yes, the WAN port.  This is allegedly the only way that will permit you to log into the router via www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com, not www.routerconnect.net/com (where did you come up with that URL?).  Your device needs to be connected directly to the R8000 for either of these URLs to work.  They won't work, for example, if you are connected directly to Verizon router.

The old school method of disabling the DHCP server and connecting via the LAN port work insofar as the router will function as an Access Point, but you may not be able to log into it.

Message 2 of 3
labuss
Aspirant

Thanks, that worked out great.

-LB

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation