Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can Someone explain to me.....

Lamuncha
Aspirant

Can Someone explain to me.....

I have had lots of trouble getting the printer on the mesh system to work with all devices on the network. Just wouldn't do it. And worse it was intermittent with the devices.

I have been back and forth with tech support, one of the preliminary questions was - what have you done  to try to solve this. One of the answers I gave them was - i unplugged the satellite and booted the system .......

Tech response, "have you tried unplugging the satellite?"

Ummmmmmmmm Yes it was in my last reply.

Still "working on it" as they say. Possibly escalating it.

To rub salt into the whole mess was an email I just received peddling pro support , for a fee.

Are there really any employees at that company, is it all AI?

if so it's all A no I

Message 1 of 6
Kitsap
Master

You might get a better response if you posted in one of the mesh system areas.  Start here and scroll down: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Home-Networking/ct-p/home-networking 

Speculation only on my part.  Your printer is most likely connected to a 2.4 GHz band in your mesh system and some of your devices are most likely connected to the 5 GHz band.  Expecting a 5 GHz connected device to see and work with a printer connected via a 2.4 GHz band is a very tall order.  If you have the option to connect the printer to your LAN via an Ethernet connection, there may be a better chance for a Wi-Fi connected device to see it.

Message 2 of 6

@Lamuncha wrote:

I have had lots of trouble getting the printer on the mesh system to work with all devices on the network. Just wouldn't do it. And worse it was intermittent with the devices.

You have a Netgear devices or some sort and you are having problems with an unnamed printer?

Might help if you provided a few details. Like the model number of the Netgear thing and the printer.

You may have told Netgear support, but the people here are mostly other users. They have no idea what you have told Netgear.

Message 3 of 6
Lamuncha
Aspirant

Unfortunately I tossed this out as a new thread so the history is absent. My post did not ask for help.

I did query the community without finding a solution. Not a problem. 

I was just venting on Netgear's support.

Been way to long.

They are asking me to try things I reported I did in their questionnaire. No one is really paying attention or are really inept.

This was not about the forum.

FWIW I did a work-around, not the best solution but it works.

Created a network running only 2.4G. Attached the printer to that network essentially forcing it onto only the 2.4 frequency. 

All devices work now work fine. Not elegant but functional.

Passing the 2 week period and still waiting for support.....

Message 4 of 6
Lamuncha
Aspirant

OK thanks, I wasn't looking for support, as mentioned I went through that with the community earlier and could not find a fix. Not a problem. 

The problem is the Netgear support. 

But FWIW I did a work-around.

Set up a network on the 2.4 freq. only.

Attached the printer which basically forced it onto 2.4 only.

All devices work fine.

Not ultimate solution but at least everyone stopped crabbing at me.

Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

!
@Lamuncha wrote:

OK thanks, I wasn't looking for support, as mentioned I went through that with the community earlier and could not find a fix. Not a problem. 

Could have fooled me.  Go back and read your original post!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7