Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't get my R8000 to do an internet connection

Krustybucket
Aspirant

Can't get my R8000 to do an internet connection

I had some internet problems and tried everything under the sun before finally calling my provider and getting the modem running again. Now I'm getting this weird sign-in after I enter my network information. What do I do?!
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Krustybucket
Aspirant

You know. This is going to sound stupid but you know what fixed my router? Turning off WiFi and Ethernet cabling to a PC to basically start the access up to the router via the web page. Factory resetting it means I had to start up access but it won't start up over WiFi from the app...I'm just glad something worked. Thanks for the suggestion though!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

Does you ISP required a SIGN-IN?

From the HELP:

Does your Internet connection require a login?

Select this option based on the type of account you have with your ISP. If you need to enter login information every time you connect to the Internet or you have a PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP account with your ISP, click Yes. Otherwise, click No.

Note: If you have installed PPP software such as WinPoET (from Earthlink) or Enternet (from PacBell), then you have PPPoE, click Yes. After clicking Yes and configuring your router, you will not need to run the PPP software on your PC to connect to the Internet.

See Screen Capture on left where to enable this.

Message 2 of 5
Krustybucket
Aspirant

I factory reset my router and I can't get it to update because it can't access the internet. It's very frustrating. I don't know how to change any settings or options on my router remotely via the app for the same reason. Would I need to to this from a webpage? Would that do it? Can I change options and settings from a webpage?
Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Personally, I always use a Browser to change settings... and usually from a wired PC. Some settings, like the Internet WAN ones can only be set via a Browser I think? I just checked the Nighthawk mobile app and I can't do anything about the WAN settings other than see what it is connected to.

Reset will not handle the Internet connection that needs to be setup with any settings. It will only set the defaults which means the line comes into the router 'live' and doesn't require changes to the modem or to be logged into.

You will need to find another way to get the file, usually another PC that has Internet access and d/l the f/w to a USB flash drive. Then take it the PC connected to the router and use that file unzipped.

Message 4 of 5
Krustybucket
Aspirant

You know. This is going to sound stupid but you know what fixed my router? Turning off WiFi and Ethernet cabling to a PC to basically start the access up to the router via the web page. Factory resetting it means I had to start up access but it won't start up over WiFi from the app...I'm just glad something worked. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7