Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: Configuration Issue

Lupatin
Aspirant

Configuration Issue

After a reboot my Router does not start with the saved configuration but with the default one. I've try to modify it but the results is the same. My firmware version is 1.0.1.16. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Lupatin
Aspirant

The default IP address of the Telecom Router is 192.168.1.1. I've changed this and now also after the reboot both devices works fine. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Configuration Issue

@Lupatin wrote:

After a reboot my Router does not start with the saved configuration but with the default one. I've try to modify it but the results is the same. My firmware version is 1.0.1.16. 

What do you mean? You have the internet and wifi but the router access in under the default set up login and the wifi is under the default name and passphrease?

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Configuration Issue

What browser are you using? I use IE11 to manage my 7800. Sometimes FF or Opera.

Message 3 of 11
Lupatin
Aspirant

I use the router with the Wan option enabled because I use the router of the fiber optic provider. After the reboot I lose the configuration stored and I see only the wizard for a new installation.
Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model of the Fiber ONT? If the ONT has a built in router, then this behavior of the NG router is indicitive of it detecting a router ahead of it up stream. If the ONT has a built in router already, you might try have it bridged if possible or use it's DMZ for the NG router. Might also check the ONTs IP address string. It should differ from 192.168.1.1, if its the same, you can change the NG routers IP address to 192.168.0.1.

You can run the NG router as a wired LAN AP mode as well if your going to use the ONT as the main host router.

Message 5 of 11
Lupatin
Aspirant

I've try with Opera, Firefox and IE and also with different HW (Mac and Pc). After the reboot the connection is very slow too.
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure QoS is disabled on the router.

If your going to use the ONT as the main router, change the NG router to AP mode and connect it LAN to LAN. Don't use the WAN port.

Message 7 of 11
Lupatin
Aspirant

I will try with this. Thanks
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes.

Message 9 of 11
Lupatin
Aspirant

The default IP address of the Telecom Router is 192.168.1.1. I've changed this and now also after the reboot both devices works fine. Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad my suggestions helped. Enjoy. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements