Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection

Haletwin14
Aspirant

Connection

Hello I recently have been having issues with my connection with the Ac1900 WiFi cable modem router I pay for 250 mbps but am only getting 20-40 through the Lan cable to my PS4 and it’s constantly changing as well as dropping internet all together. My ISP said it was something with the router yet I’ve only had it for a couple days and the other router I had before was having the same issues I will upload photos with this post. Thank you for the help
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Do you also have a screen snip of the logs? 

Have you tried the speeds with a hardwired in laptop/pc? PS4 speedtesting isn't always reliable. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line, I'd remove them. 

Message 2 of 9

@Haletwin14 wrote:
Hello I recently have been having issues with my connection with the Ac1900 WiFi cable modem router

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

C7000? C6900? Something else?

By the way "Alt+Print Screen" beats a camera when it comes to providing readable screen shots.

Message 3 of 9
Haletwin14
Aspirant

It’s a Cv7000v2 model number is: C7000-100NAS. I will try to screen print next time.
Message 4 of 9
Haletwin14
Aspirant

To my knowledge I don’t have any splitters on the line but I will double check. As for the logs I will post as soon as I get home today. Thank you for the help. I will be doing a speed test on a laptop today. Yesterday a technician came out and was getting 10 Mbps I’m not sure what he was using though. Blamed it on the router and left. My wife was home and I wasn’t so I wasn’t able to see all that he did. The router is brand new as of Saturday.
Message 5 of 9

@Haletwin14 wrote:
It’s a Cv7000v2 model number is: C7000-100NAS.

Really? Is that what it says on the label?

C7000-100NAS would normally denote V1.

Not that it matters much. The firmware is beyond your control.

Blame the ISP.

The reason for asking is more that there is a separate bolt hole for cable modem/routers.

Cable Modems & Routers

Look there for earlier discussions about the hardware.

Message 6 of 9

@Haletwin14 wrote:
Yesterday a technician came out and was getting 10 Mbps I’m not sure what he was using though.

This doesn't make sense.

You said earlier:

I pay for 250 mbps but am only getting 20-40 through the Lan cable to my PS4 and it’s constantly changing as well as dropping internet all together.

The technician blamed your modem/router? Sounds like rubbish to me. Where did the other 200 Mbps go?

@Haletwin14 wrote:
Blamed it on the router and left.

In other words, "I don't have a clue, so let's pass the buck."

Did your previous modem get anywhere near 250 Mbps? What was it?

Which ISP is this? Sounds like one to avoid.

I get the feeling that they are giving you  the runaround.

@Haletwin14 wrote:
I wasn’t able to see all that he did.

Next time stick around.

Message 7 of 9
Haletwin14
Aspirant

My isp is wave broadband they basically have a monopoly around here in port Angeles WA 

on my last modem I was having the same issue it was one provided by them I'm not sure what it was I believe hitron or something close to that. I was getting 100 mbps or close regularly for the last two years which was my plan at the time problem has only been the last two weeks with both routers/modems. 

Message 8 of 9
Haletwin14
Aspirant

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7