Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware problem + Storage device not recognized

Redpaw
Aspirant

Firmware problem + Storage device not recognized

Device: Nighthawk x6 R8000

Firmware: V1.0.2.46_1.0.97

Plateforms: Dell Inspiron (win 7), Acer Aspire(win 7), Custom PC (Win 10), Wii U, Kyocera Mobile, etc.

1. Firmware problem in regards to 1.0.3.4 version

- I had firmware 1.0.3.4 installed for over a month and constantly I would have to hard reset the router because it would drop all wireless (possibly wired) internet connection to every device at least once a week. I tested to see if it was the modem by hard wiring into the modem and instant internet. Internet connection would remain out until I power cycled the router. I reverted back to firmware V1.0.2.46_1.0.97 and it's been over 2 weeks with no problems. The modem is a motorola surfboard SB6141, internet provider is TWC.

2. The router does not recognize my SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable Solid State Drive for whatever reason. I have a much older Maxtor Onetouch 4 mini 160Gb that it recognizes no problem that I use as my file server, I wanted to upgrade to my SanDisk, but nothing I have tried works. I tried both USB3.0 and The 2.0 port to no anvil.

Any ideas on the Storage problem? The Firmware problem is for the netgrear support people so they know there is a problem with there firmware.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Redpaw,

Make sure that the two drives have the same file format. If the SanDisk Extreme is different from the Maxtor, you may try to reformat it same with the Maxtor.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Been using 1.0.3.4 since last month without any problems. I don't use the USB options because they're NOT worth the aggravation.  

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Redpaw,

Make sure that the two drives have the same file format. If the SanDisk Extreme is different from the Maxtor, you may try to reformat it same with the Maxtor.

Message 3 of 5
Redpaw
Aspirant

I've been working so deep into computer issues at work I forgot the basics. It seems the file format needs to be NTFS for the router to read it. The default file format for the Sandisk was exFAT. So thank you again. The USB device is now fully operational.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Redpaw,

I am glad to know that it works now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation