Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How long does it take for Netgear account to be Deleted?

crrr4
Aspirant

How long does it take for Netgear account to be Deleted?

I have filled out this form twice at https://preferences.netgear.com/privacy

to have a netgear account deleted and it has yet to be deleted/deactivated. How long does it usually take for Netgear to process this?

Message 1 of 6

Re: How long does it take for Netgear account to be Deleted?

@crrr4 wrote:

I have filled out this form twice at https://preferences.netgear.com/privacy

to have a netgear account deleted and it has yet to be deleted/deactivated.

When did you do this?

Which account?

Netgear makes life interesting by having lots of "accounts".

This place is one, MyNetgear is another. They aren't always the same thing.

Which are you trying to sort out?

Message 2 of 6
crrr4
Aspirant

Its a myNetgear account. I completed the privacy form back in February and then again 9 days ago. I have 2 myNetgear accounts an old one tied to an old email address and my router, and a newer myNetgear account tied to my new email address. I'm trying to delete the newer netgear account so I can update my old one with my current email address. 

Message 3 of 6

OK. That explains a bit more.

Have you thought of going down the registration route?

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Getting them to change an email address isn't even that easy. So even if they kill the dead email address, you may not find it easy to sign in with the new one.

You may even be able to do this yourself.

I have 2 myNetgear accounts an old one tied to an old email address and my router, and a newer myNetgear account tied to my new email address. I'm trying to delete the newer netgear account so I can update my old one with my current email address. 

Maybe you can "unregister" the device on the old account and move it to the new one.

There's a button for that in MyNetgear.

UnregisterUnregister

If you don't have access to the old email address, going down the registration road – getting the old device added ti the new email – might be quicker. After all, that is what you want to achieve.

Message 4 of 6
crrr4
Aspirant

I just got a new router so dont want to lose the warranty so I would have to wait to move it over.  

Message 5 of 6

@crrr4 wrote:

I just got a new router so dont want to lose the warranty so I would have to wait to move it over.  

Netgear may insist that you register at MyNetgear, but legally it doesn't have a leg to stand on. Forcing users to jump through hoops won't work.

Registering on MyNetgear is not essential unless you use any of the features that use Netgear's cloud intermediary. So using Anywhere Access on the Nighthawk needs an account.

Anywhere Access will throw up its hands and complain if it sees that a device is already tied to a different email address and account.

But as you are talking about the registration process, go down that road rather than the "forget me" option, which may not won't achieve what you want anyway. That seems to be more for people who want to disappear from this community.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7