Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to force a device to a particular satellite ?

marcojr
Tutor

How to force a device to a particular satellite ?

I am very disappointed with my Orbi ! I live in a 3 levels house. Main Orbi is the level#2, Satellite is the Level#2.

But the problem is:

- Videogame of my son in in Level 3, so it's supposed to connect to Main Orbi in Level 2, but it's connected to Level 1 !!!..for a gamer, this is insanely important !

- My Ring Doorbell is on Level 1, but it's connected on Orby on Level 2. It's supposed to be connected to the same level, because it's just 2 meters of distance ! But it's prefer to connect to the most far away and this is causing a lot of trouble. People ring my doorbell and I am not capable to activate the doorbell and the visitor leave.

- I've a Oculus Quest 2 with is possible to stream data directly from the PC via WiFi. The Satellite is less than 1 meter of distance from the Vr Headset and the PC, but PC and Headset connect in different Satellites and causes a lot of lag.

Anyway, Looks like this product is good for regular people acessing Internet in a general way like Web Browser, Instagram, etc...

I need some how to force particular mac address to only connect to a specified satellite. Any clue about how to do it ?

If not possible: It could help also if the Satellites could have his own SSID. In this way I could link each device in a different SSID and solve the situation. Not the best solution, but this could solve many of my scenarios that's left me frustrated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: How to force a device to a particular satellite ?

How big is your home? 

How far apart is the satellites from the router? They need at least 30ft minimum

What firmware version are you on? 

Message 2 of 5
marcojr
Tutor

More than 30ft indeed...My house is a 3 levels house...the levels don't have much width...Firmware updated very today

Message 3 of 5
marcojr
Tutor

Just a fix on my topic...Main Ordi: Level 2....Secondary Orby: Level 1 (Ground Floor)

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

So they are at least 30ft apart? They don't roam properly if they're to close

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7