Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to reload firmware if I can not login into the modem

Bachatero
Aspirant

How to reload firmware if I can not login into the modem

Hi all,

It seems that my firmware is corrupted, so I am not able to login through my web interface to reload the firmware again.

Is there another posibility to reload the firmware, if the webinterface does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Johan

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Gandolph
Star

Re: How to reload firmware if I can not login into the modem

Try this;

1 - Connect your PC directly to the back of the router on port 1

2 - make sure nothing is connected to the WAN port

3 - turn off the router

4 - turn off your PC

5 - turn on the router and wait for all led's to stop bliniking and changing colors.  Be sure you wait at least a full 3 minutes.

6 - Now, using a paper clip push and hold the reset switch while counting to 60.  When you reach 60 release the reset switch

7 - Wait another 3 minutes

8 - turn on your PC

9 - If you know how to open a command prompt then do so and type "ipconfig" without the quotes.  Scroll back up and look for the default gateway address.  It should be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254.

10 - If you dont know how to open a command prompt then just open a browser and input 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.  If your router is working then you should see some sort of message from the router.  Follow the on screen prompts at this point....  Default User name is admin, default password is password.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies

Which model?

Have you done a factory reset to see if that would let you in?

Remember, that will change the access password.

Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

push and hold reset until power led flashes..connect a wired PC to lan port....reboot PC... should get an ip of 192.168.1.2 if not start over....once PC has IP 192.168.1.2 open IE type 192.168.1.1 ....use defaults to sign in

Message 3 of 9
Bachatero
Aspirant

Hello all,

Thanks for the reply.

@searay wrote:

push and hold reset until power led flashes..connect a wired PC to lan port....reboot PC... should get an ip of 192.168.1.2 if not start over....once PC has IP 192.168.1.2 open IE type 192.168.1.1 ....use defaults to sign in

Model is R7000

After switching on the netgear, all leds turn on and after 5 seconds the power led ligths orange.  Subsequently, after a minute the  power led turns into a steady color white and nothing happens. 

If I now push and hold the reset button at the back, nothing happens. The power led remains steady white. So, the power led never flashes.

Thankyou Johan

Message 4 of 9
Bachatero
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Which model?

Have you done a factory reset to see if that would let you in?

Remember, that will change the access password.

A factory reset by pushong the reset button at the back ????

Yes I did this so many times

Johan

Message 5 of 9
storm1985
Prodigy

If you still have hardware warranty, call support to get a replacement

if out of warranty , you may try TFTP 

Message 6 of 9
Gandolph
Star

Try this;

1 - Connect your PC directly to the back of the router on port 1

2 - make sure nothing is connected to the WAN port

3 - turn off the router

4 - turn off your PC

5 - turn on the router and wait for all led's to stop bliniking and changing colors.  Be sure you wait at least a full 3 minutes.

6 - Now, using a paper clip push and hold the reset switch while counting to 60.  When you reach 60 release the reset switch

7 - Wait another 3 minutes

8 - turn on your PC

9 - If you know how to open a command prompt then do so and type "ipconfig" without the quotes.  Scroll back up and look for the default gateway address.  It should be either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254.

10 - If you dont know how to open a command prompt then just open a browser and input 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.  If your router is working then you should see some sort of message from the router.  Follow the on screen prompts at this point....  Default User name is admin, default password is password.

Message 7 of 9
Bachatero
Aspirant

Yeahhhhh, this was the solution.

Thank you Gandolph for your help.

However, I had to enter the following default gateway: 10.0.0.1

Thank you and best regards,

Johan

Message 8 of 9
rpoffen
Virtuoso

If your gateway address for the R7000 is 10.0.0.1 then it means you are connected to a modem that is also configured as a router. This will cause other problems down the road, including double NAT and inability to get port forwarding to work. After you get the R7000 stabilized, either you want to set your modem in bridge mode, or use the R7000 as an Access Point only.

If you plan to load firmware, I suggest getting the firmware .chk file on your PC, then booting up the router with the WAN port disconnected. It should then come up as 192.168.x.1 on the LAN.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series