Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight basic portal issue

tosh30
Aspirant

Insight basic portal issue

I have a Guest SSID that works as an open network.  When I turn on captive portal, that works too.  When I turn on and add a Redirect URL, the redirect does not work at all.  Any issue with this field?  I have a website that worked when we were using Comcast's WiFi pro, and is still works now.  Is there a bug with this field?  Is there a specific format, like leave out https:// or www?  Thanks for any suggestions.Screen Shot 08-12-21 at 02.24 PM-2.png

Model: WAC540|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
tosh30
Aspirant

Re: Insight basic portal issue

I'll repeat the process in the Insight community page.  Marking this as Resolved to close it here.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

or even here:

NETGEAR Insight Network Management - NETGEAR Communities

The WAC540 isn't much like the routers covered in this section and Insight is its own thing.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 5
tosh30
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, and for asking the moderator to move the message.  Didn't realize that I selected the wrong category, as my eyes were red from trying 100 ways to get it to work.

Message 3 of 5

@tosh30 wrote:

Didn't realize that I selected the wrong category, as my eyes were red from trying 100 ways to get it to work.

Easily done. This place is a mess.

Message 4 of 5
tosh30
Aspirant

I'll repeat the process in the Insight community page.  Marking this as Resolved to close it here.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7