Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Iphones won't connect to (R6900P) - AC1900

Joslinm
Aspirant

Iphones won't connect to (R6900P) - AC1900

Going on several weeks now. Tried everything with the 2 iphones we have. They will just not reconnect if leaving the house and coming back. They will usually connect if I turn off and back on.

Is there anything on the router settings that could be causing this. I've also tried a R6700AX with same result.

Today I deleted and restored one of the phones (iphone 7 and iphone 11) and same thing.

Hope someone has an idea

Message 1 of 12

@Joslinm wrote:

Going on several weeks now. Tried everything with the 2 iphones we have. They will just not reconnect if leaving the house and coming back. They will usually connect if I turn off and back on.

Does this ring any bells?

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 12
Joslinm
Aspirant

i will try this, thanks

Message 3 of 12
Joslinm
Aspirant

Tried all the options listed and no go. Even tried a new ASUS router and same no connection issue.

Now what?

Only thing I can think of is that I changed internet providers a couple months ago.

Both phones are on Spectrum data plan and I discontinued Spectrum internet in home(I have 2 acounts) in favor of Greenlight Fiber.

But what would that have to do with connecting to the router or not?

Help is appreciated. Thanks

Message 4 of 12

@Joslinm wrote:

Tried all the options listed and no go. Even tried a new ASUS router and same no connection issue.

Sort of rules out th R6900P.

Hard to see how any here can help with problems you have with your phones. I would have thought that the first place to go would be the people who made the phones.

Only thing I can think of is that I changed internet providers a couple months ago.

Tried asking them for help?

I suppose someone might have some thoughts if they had a few more clues. For example, you say "They will just not reconnect" which tells us nothing about what actually happens. Error messages? Prompts? Connect to what?

Message 5 of 12
Joslinm
Aspirant

The phones will not reconnect to the router if we leave the house and return. We have to go to settings, wifi, and click on the name for our home network. Then the phone connects.

Apple went through the usuall settings and eventually suggested a network reset, something I had done already. If that fails, a total restore

Message 6 of 12

@Joslinm wrote:

The phones will not reconnect to the router if we leave the house and return.

You said that before. But WHAT HAPPENS?

I have yet to see a device that does not throw up some sort of error or prompt.

One thing that has worked for people before is to tell the phone to forget the connection to the SSID from their wifi and then to recreate the connection.

Message 7 of 12
Joslinm
Aspirant

The phones simply go to the iphone providers LTE data. I have to go into setting/wifi and toch my home network to connect to the router

Message 8 of 12

@Joslinm wrote:

The phones simply go to the iphone providers LTE data. I have to go into setting/wifi and toch my home network to connect to the router

Sounds like a phone problem.

Message 9 of 12
Joslinm
Aspirant

I would think that too, but both phones at same time?

Message 10 of 12

@Joslinm wrote:

I would think that too, but both phones at same time?

Good point. Unless Apple did a global update.

Did you try the "forget the SSID" trick I mentioned above? You don't say.

Message 11 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Did you try the "forget the SSID" trick I mentioned above? You don't say.

Keep in mind doing so will re-enable the random MAC addresses. So don't forget to change the settings to device MAC, as this is your own network (I assume). https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/security/secb9cb3140c/web

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7