Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to forward more than one port to a single port? (Or, how can I do this?)

eric_bor
Tutor

Is it possible to forward more than one port to a single port? (Or, how can I do this?)

Hi everyone,

I have a service running on a port (let's say 9999).  I can forward 9999 external to 9999 internal.  But, what I would like to do is to forward anything that comes in on 80 or 9999 (externally) to 9999 (internally).  Is there a way to do this with the R7000?  So far, anything I've tried has caused it to complain that the port is already in use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Is it possible to forward more than one port to a single port? (Or, how can I do this?)

@eric_bor 

(2 or more) external ports - (1) internal port - (2 or more) IP address (this should work)

(2 or more) external ports - (1) internal port - (single) IP address (NO!!!)

PF.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: Is it possible to forward more than one port to a single port? (Or, how can I do this?)

Hi eric_bor,

Correct me if I am wrong. You wanted to open one port number for a service which will be used by multiple devices. If yes, you can configure it by changing the external port to a different port number and set the same internal port number.

Message 2 of 5
eric_bor
Tutor

Hi James,

Close. The problem I'm trying to overcome is that I am able to access the port for this service when on my internal network or via Internet. But, at work, behind vpn, I cannot use that port, so I would like to allow *either* port 80 or port 9999 to go to port 9999. So, via port 80, go to 9999. Via port 9999, go to 9999 as well.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi eric_bor,

Please try to downgrade the router's firmware to v1.0.4.30 and check if you will get the same error message.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29273

Message 4 of 5
storm1985
Prodigy

@eric_bor 

(2 or more) external ports - (1) internal port - (2 or more) IP address (this should work)

(2 or more) external ports - (1) internal port - (single) IP address (NO!!!)

PF.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7