Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lookup For Upgrade

Timlab55
Guide

Lookup For Upgrade

Looking for an upgrade router from my (soon to be late) R7350 router.  Anyone have any suggestions on the type of router for a web developer?

Message 1 of 3

Re: Lookup For Upgrade

@Timlab55 wrote:

Looking for an upgrade router from my (soon to be late) R7350 router.  Anyone have any suggestions on the type of router for a web developer?

What do web developers need from a router that other people might not?

What symptoms do you see on your current router that make you think that you need something better?

We'll need that sort of information before anyone can begin to answer vague questions like that?

The R7350 dates back to 2019, which is hardly ancient.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 3
Timlab55
Guide

Re: Lookup For Upgrade

Web developers  need to be able to port forward, have up to date info of their system, and not have to skip a service because it puts a lag on the routers cpu.  Security is the biggest thing and I was told by Netgear their isn't any type of security on their routers.  Yikes, maybe I should look at another brand that does.

Symptoms -  I looked at my computers name and didn't like it, so I changed it.  Then I looked at the router again and saw that it was the past name.  So I refreshed the page and guess what, still the same name.  Wasn't keeping up with the sync between my computer and the router with the time.   Always being told to sync the time before use.  Web developers can't have these type of problems.  Port Forwarding.  Didn't work at all.

From the great movie, "These are only a few of things".

Dan

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7