Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Manual Adding New Devices Under Access Control

RoastBeefy
Aspirant

Manual Adding New Devices Under Access Control

Any help is appreciated!

When I have access control on and "Block new devices from connecting" selected, I am unable to manually allow new devices. Once the screen refreshes the device is still blocked.

If I then chose "Allow all new devices to connect", the new device is allowed on my network. However, if I then change Access Control back to "Block new devices from connecting" the device becomes blocked again.

I am not sure of when the router decides to move a device from new to existing. I have found that if I wait a few days with "Allow all new devices to connect" and the device connected to the network, I can then choose "Block new devices from connecting" and the device will stay on the network as it is considered existing.

Router FIrmware: V1.0.2.68

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
RoastBeefy
Aspirant

I want to be sure to document this in case someone has it happen in the future. 

I posted my issues yesterday along with confirming there were no firmware updates available. I logged into my router today and saw an new firmware update available (V1.0.2.74). I don't know if it was very crazy timing, but the following has changed while having "Block all devices from connecting" in Access Control:

1. A new device trying to connect to the router (with correct password) is now given a direct message that the router is blocking access. I did not see this before, so it really is a helpful thing to sift through possible connection problems.

2. I am able to change a specific device from "Block" to "Allow" and have the change persist.

Like I said, it may have simply been crazy timing, but my issue is completely resolved now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
RoastBeefy
Aspirant

I want to be sure to document this in case someone has it happen in the future. 

I posted my issues yesterday along with confirming there were no firmware updates available. I logged into my router today and saw an new firmware update available (V1.0.2.74). I don't know if it was very crazy timing, but the following has changed while having "Block all devices from connecting" in Access Control:

1. A new device trying to connect to the router (with correct password) is now given a direct message that the router is blocking access. I did not see this before, so it really is a helpful thing to sift through possible connection problems.

2. I am able to change a specific device from "Block" to "Allow" and have the change persist.

Like I said, it may have simply been crazy timing, but my issue is completely resolved now.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7