Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NH ac3200 r8000 not pushing out speeds

FuzzyJester
Aspirant

NH ac3200 r8000 not pushing out speeds

Looking to get help to try to figure out why I can not get higher speeds out of the router. I have 1gig fiber at 400 upload. Fiber to modem and cat 6 to Nighthawk router. Router only a month or 2 old. I have spoke to support have done everything they asked to no avail. I know you are not going to get full speeds out of it. After running speed test on net gear app I get anywhere from 223-333 down and steady 300’s upload. Any help is appreciated and thank you in advanced.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

what modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the R8000?

Has a factory reset and a clean reinstall (not from backup) been done on the R8000? Make sure that after the reset/install to leave access control, traffic monitoring, qos, and parental controls all disabled. 

Message 2 of 7
FuzzyJester
Aspirant

The modem is from i3 Broadband and is a fiber modem. They can't come out to check it untill the 12th of december. The firmware on the R8000 says it's up to date. The firmware is  1.0.4.62. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 7
FuzzyJester
Aspirant

Yes I have factory reset it 2wice and all the things you mentioned are not enabled. It should be as basic as it gets. 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

@FuzzyJester wrote:

The modem is from i3 Broadband and is a fiber modem. They can't come out to check it untill the 12th of december. The firmware on the R8000 says it's up to date. The firmware is  1.0.4.62. 

Which model modem is it? Some have integrated routers?

What speeds do you get directly off the modem?

Message 5 of 7
FuzzyJester
Aspirant

Sorry I’m just getting back to this as the holidays and work have been busy. The modem is just a modem and the router feeds from it. Modem has been replaced with a newer one and speeds from modem directly is about 950+ Down and 400+ up. Running speed test from router app is a dismal 230 or lower with upload about the same. Speed test from my phone from Speedtest.com is around 290 down and 380 up as I just reset the router again last night. All things are disabled and the only thing changed is the mtu from 1500 to 1472. No guest network enabled also. So I’m at a post as to why I can not get even almost full speeds out of the router. This has been this way from day one and tech support for the first 3 months did nothing to help and now that support is up I can not get a word back from them. Bad router out of box? Just would like it replaced with new one. Pay this much would like it to at least get 700+ out of it. Thanks for listening to my rant.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

"the modem is just a modem". Ok what model is it? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7