Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHT HAWK R8000 stopped working

Farrell207
Aspirant

NIGHT HAWK R8000 stopped working

Purchased R8000 Night Hawk March 2016 - nothing changed wireless signal stopped working - did factory reset (did not help)

Spoke with NG Tech Support spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone following tasks from Tech Support - Tech Support remotly logged into my computer and tried to make it work - (nothing) after 1 1/2 hours on with tech Support - i was told nothing can be done - Hardware checks out fine, but wireless router will not work not can u log into routerlogin.net - it keeps going in a loop - NG tech Support says - "we have never seen this before - me or my manager" now one would think that if you have never seen something like this NG would want my router back to inspect and investigate the issue to help future customers and inform Tech Support what to look for... NOPE I am to toss this boat anchor which i paid $ 279.00 and buy a new one ---- WOW TERRRIBLE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE --- WORST I've EVER DELT with, If i treated my CUSTOMERS like this i would no longer have customers... PLUS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED OT SPEAK WITH A MANAGER (Seriouslly) again WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   If anyone monitors this board from NG please reach out top me ---- My CASE # 28787953

I am asking for help seriouslly ---- I will even come work for you and show you how a customer should be treated..... JIM F. 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Farrell207
Aspirant

Re: NIGHT HAWK R8000 stopped working

Nope we are all set - I spoke with Val at 2ns level suppport and he was very helpful and got the router working again...thanks

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Farrell207,

I apologize for the inconvenienced it has caused you. I will try my best to assist you. 

I would like to ask the following information:

1. What are the lights on the front panel of the router?

2. Please provide me your network setup. ( What is connected to the router and which ports)

3. What is the IP address of your computer when connected to the router?

Message 2 of 9
Farrell207
Aspirant

All light were lite on the router ---

Nothing connected to router except Time Warner modem ...

As for the IP address I cNt tell u because it is disconnected and but back in the box ....I had NG tech service work on the router logged into it last week for an hour and they said they had never seen a router do this before ...

So I disconnected it and put it back in the box hoping to ship it back to NG for testing and possibly receive a new router ...

Let me know what else I can provide for u...

Jim
Message 3 of 9
Farrell207
Aspirant

James,

I am very very frustrated --- no response from anyone --- and my router is still broken...what do I need to do just give up, go buy a new router???? I have been very patient , I did all the steps NG required of me - both tech people said they have never see a router act the way mine acted and they could not fix while on an hour long tech phone calll... please help me I really don't want to go out and spend $300 on a new router that only a little over a year old......
Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Farrell207,

1. Connect  a computer to the router(LAN ports).

2. Open command prompt(CMD) of your computer and type ipconfig. Look for the IPv4 address. Provide me the IP address and default gateway.

3.  What is the color of the LED light for Internet or the globe sign?

Message 5 of 9
Farrell207
Aspirant

IPV4 Address 65.190.53.158

Internet lite is white ...
Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Farrell207,

The IP address is a public IP which the modem provide. Please try to double check the network setup. Disconnect the router from the modem and make sure only the computer is connected to the router.

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Farrell207,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 8 of 9
Farrell207
Aspirant

Nope we are all set - I spoke with Val at 2ns level suppport and he was very helpful and got the router working again...thanks
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7