Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NIGHTHAWK R7000 won’t register

Jody_manders
Aspirant

NIGHTHAWK R7000 won’t register

Good evening,

I’ve tried contacting netgear about this but still waiting for a response. I bought a nighthawk router used and when I try to go register it, it won’t let me cause it’s been registered. Is there anything netgear support can do to fix this so I can register it?

Thank you.

-CF
Message 1 of 8
Kitsap
Master

Re: NIGHTHAWK R7000 won’t register

@Jody_manders wrote:
Good evening,

I’ve tried contacting netgear about this but still waiting for a response. I bought a nighthawk router used and when I try to go register it, it won’t let me cause it’s been registered. Is there anything netgear support can do to fix this so I can register it?

Thank you.

-CF

Most likely not.  The big thing is that registration is of no value for a used device.  Warranty is gone, registration is not necessary to reset the router, configure the router, update the firmware, or otherwise use the router.

Message 2 of 8
Jody_manders
Aspirant

Thanks for replying to my post. Yeah I just wanted to register the used router so i can have it integrated into the nighthawk app so I can utilize it.
Message 3 of 8
Kitsap
Master

@Jody_manders wrote:
Thanks for replying to my post. Yeah I just wanted to register the used router so i can have it integrated into the nighthawk app so I can utilize it.

You can create a Netgear account and you do not have to register the router in order to use the Nighthawk mobile application.  Install the mobile application, connect your mobile device to the Wi-Fi, log in to your Netgear account, and within the application you can Add the router in the setup a new device section.  The router does not have to be a registered device.

I run a router I bought second hand.  I have added it to the mobile application and the device shows up as registered.  Most likely by the original owner but not to me or by me.  During this process, the mobile application asked me for the Wi-Fi user name (admin) and my Wi-Fi password.

Message 4 of 8
Jody_manders
Aspirant

Thank you, I will have to try this tomorrow and follow up with you!
Message 5 of 8

@Jody_manders wrote:
Thank you, I will have to try this tomorrow and follow up with you!

While @Kitsap is correct, you may hit a brick wall if someone has already tied your router to their MyNetgear account so that they can use it with Anywhere Access.

If it doesn't let you tie the router to your MyNetgear account, and you can't get the original owner to release it, you may have to invoke divine intervention in the shape of a Netgear moderator. But you can cross the bridge when you come to it.

Message 6 of 8
Jody_manders
Aspirant

Thank you for your input! Hopefully I will not have to! Lol
Message 7 of 8

@Jody_manders wrote:
Thank you for your input! Hopefully I will not have to! Lol

Yup.

Not everyone uses Anywhere Access, so you may be safe.

There's an email link at the end of this that you can use to contact support.

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series