Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need Extender with Netgear AC1900?

DiznePam
Follower

Need Extender with Netgear AC1900?

First, let me start by saying that I am not technologically competent.

I have a Netgear AC1900 wifi cable modem, model C7000v2.  My home is approximately 1500 sq feet.  When we stream on our TV, we often have connection issues.  The tv is less than 100 feet from the modem, so I don't even know if that is the problem.  I thought maybe an extender would solve the problem.  I purchased the Netgear AC750 wifi range extender, model EX3110.  I cannot get it to even connect to the modem.  The WPS light on the modem does not light, and the light on the extender only blinks.  

I thought that the Netgear extender I purchased would be compatible with the Netgear modem, but when I attempted the Netgear installation assistant method, per the instructions, the AC1900 does not appear on the list with compatible devices.  

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
marketshunts
Aspirant

@DiznePam wrote:

First, let me start by saying that I am not technologically competent.

I have a Netgear AC1900 wifi cable modem, model C7000v2.  My home is approximately 1500 sq feet.  When we stream on our TV, we often have connection issues.  The tv is less than 100 feet from the modem, so I don't even know if that is the problem.  I thought maybe an extender would solve the problem.  I purchased the Netgear AC750 wifi range extender, model EX3110.  I cannot get it to even connect to the modem.  The WPS light on the modem does not light, and the light on the extender only blinks.  

I thought that the Netgear extender I purchased would be compatible with the Netgear modem, but when I attempted the Netgear installation assistant method, per the instructions, the AC1900 does not appear on the list with compatible devices.  

Will a NETGEAR wireless extender work with my existing router? In general, NETGEAR wireless extenders are "universal" extenders. This means that they are compatible with the vast majority of wireless routers on the market, whether purchased separately or provided by an ISP.
Then i usggest you to try :

Attach the antennas. Remove the antenna caps.
Turn on your extender. Place the extender close to your WiFi router. 
Connect to your WiFi router. Press the WPS button on the extender.
Add a WiFi band. 
Choose a location and check the signal strength. 
Connect your WiFi devices. 
Attach the antennas. 
Turn on your extender.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

What is your home made of internally? 

Reason I ask is the C7000 should easily cover 1500 sqft if its centrally located. 

Is the c7000 centrally located? 

Also, is the tv streaming off the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz?

2.4ghz is a much slower network and sensitive to interference. I highly recommend 5ghz for streaming. 

In terms of the EX3110. You can install it using the installation assistant instead of wps. Heres a video of how: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7