Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C6300v2 Indicates that 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are Active but Can't Be Accessed on Any Device

NGisTrash
Aspirant

Netgear C6300v2 Indicates that 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are Active but Can't Be Accessed on Any Device

I was on a face call with my boss and my call drops because "the internet is unstable." I look to see that no device I have can identify the 5GHz wireless, DESPITE the bloody fact that both the lights on the router and the Genie Gateway indicate that both 5GHz and 2.4GHz are active, which they are NOT because I cannot find those networks on my Windows 10 computer, my Windows 10 Tablet, my iPhone, my Roku TV, my Nintendo Switch, literally nothing can find this network. I am ONLY able to connect to the internet through ethernet cable directly wired into this stupid router. This has not been infrequent, and I am sick and tired of this garbage router ROUTINELY dropping me from important calls and connections all while telling me that everything is working perfectly fine. Here is what the Genie has for my current wireless information. I have tried rebooting the router, restarting my devices, and nothing has changed. What the hell am I doing wrong? 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 192853.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 192853.png

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear C6300v2 Indicates that 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are Active but Can't Be Accessed on Any Device

Photos have to be approved by a moderator and it can take a while.

A couple things. 

1. do you have a screen snip of your cable connections page and your modem event logs? That lets us check your signal from your isp. 

2. Have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? not just a reboot? 

Message 2 of 4
NGisTrash
Aspirant

Re: Netgear C6300v2 Indicates that 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are Active but Can't Be Accessed on Any Device

I the screenshots I took were of the wireless and cable connections 😕 so I guess we'll have to wait on those

And I am wary of factory resetting the router. Can you guarantee that resetting it wouldn't mess with my router's registration to my cable company? 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I can't guarantee the suns going to rise tomorrow but the odds say it will. 

Same with the registration. I've reset plenty of modems and they've all maintained registration. 

Reason why is the ISP registers the mac address of the device in their system. And resetting it doesn't change that. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7