Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std(12/29/19)

nileshkhatavkar
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std(12/29/19)

Hi ,

I had purchased the Netgear Nighawk R7000 router from someone which wasalready installed with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std(12/29/19). 

I purchased this router to use the VPN services only but when i connect to Router via -> Browser->192.168.0.1 -> it gives error doesnt connect to the router.

Tried -> 192.168.1.1 and it shows the page with Router Username: ***** , Router Password: **** , Re-enter to confirm: **** , Score: 0% , complexity: Too short 

with a button "Change Password" below it . When I click on the change password button it takes me inside in the System configuration Page with lots of information like : Router, Services , Wireless, Memory, Wireless Packet Info, Space Usage, 

Wireless Clients ,  DHCP Clients  but everything is display only nothing can be changed .. 

Even if I click above on the any of the other menu items like "Setup, Wireless, Services, security, access restrictions, NAt/QoS, Administration, Status" it again lands me on the same first page with Router username, Password and re-enter password and below the Change Password button. 

Note: I am connected via Wireless and not via ethernet. 

Please refer the snap shots attached. 

Also when I entered 192.168.1.1 in browser .. why it is not asking me the login page with router default login and password instead it is showing this page to change password and after click on change pssword as mentioned above it shows system information page .. 

So I am not able to access the router.. Please help how I can get access to router and can either update the firmware or revert it to Netgear original firmware ? 

Aprpeciate a response on this.. Also not very technical so request you to please let me knnow the sequence of steps if can be resolved. 

thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std(12/29/19)

Please visit and post about this over in the DD-WRT forum since you have 3rd party FW loaded. 

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3
Portwey84
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with Firmware DD-WRT v3.0-r41813 std(12/29/19)

There is no disrespect intended toward the OP, but this thread is a prime example of why folks who appear to have little technical appreciation of what their product is about and admit a lack of technical ability, should perhaps avoid such purchases.

This entire forum is littered with posts from router owners who quite literally know very little about their product, which I guess is why forums such as this exist, to help. The problem is, when someone has little grasp of the technical aspects of their product, they reach out expecting a resolution to their problem. Armchair advice is all very well, but those giving the advice can't see the enquirer's set up or environmental conditions.

So I go back to previous statements I've made in other threads, if ISP customers want to delve into the obvious advantages of third party router ownership, do your research and know your product before you take the plunge. Most importantly, read the product manual almost always available online these days prior to purchase and if you don't understand it or find it's beyond your technical abilities, stick with your ISP plug and play router (if provided) and save yourself the hassle.

As a finale to this thread, I'll stand by my assessement of the stock R7000 AC1900 router. It's a great bit of kit and it works well, provided it seems your environmental conditions are suitable for the equipment and it's set up correctly to work with your ISP.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7