Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear nighthawk disconnects from internet during online games after about 3 minutes

Sayre68
Aspirant

Netgear nighthawk disconnects from internet during online games after about 3 minutes

I like the nughthawk router and it works great except when im gaming online, i get disconnected every single time after about 3 minutes. It works fine when im streaming etc but every time kicks me off online games, anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear nighthawk disconnects from internet during online games after about 3 minutes

What model NG product and model# are you referring too? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does this happen with wired and wireless connections? 

Message 2 of 11
Sayre68
Aspirant

Re: Netgear nighthawk disconnects from internet during online games after about 3 minutes

This is a netgear ac1750. v1.1.0.84 is the firmware version.

The modem is an Arris cm820a.

Wireless works fine though of course that is not the best to game with. 

This was an upgrade from a netgear n150 router. That worked fine but I was

no longer getting the full speed of the internet I have available with that.

Thanks for your response.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

ac1750 is not a model #, thats a wifi connection rate number. R#### is a model #. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

Message 4 of 11
Sayre68
Aspirant

Oh yeah I see that now, R6350 model #

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 6 of 11
Sayre68
Aspirant

I've tried those things and after discussion with other gamers, the recommendation was to set port setting to open and if that didnt work set up dns server. Tried those with no success. Switched back to my 10 year old netgear n150 router to test, works just fine.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 11
Sayre68
Aspirant

connected to arris cm820 a

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried connecting to the modem directly and gaming to see if problem appears there as well? 

Message 10 of 11
Sayre68
Aspirant

yes it works fine directly from modem it also works fine when plugged into my much older netgear n150 router.

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7