Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network problem running as Access Point

dschild
Guide

Network problem running as Access Point

I recently enabled my NightHawk router as an Access Point to my fiber modem/wireless router which my service provider does not give me managment access.

I have noticed a few issues after enabling this.  First, I use a Cisco Webex room for some of my meetings.  It works fine from the browser, but the desktop client will not connect.  (constantly in a connecting state)

Second, when I login to a Go Fund Me account, it fails to show me the reCaptura and therefore I am not able to access.

I have tested this with several devices on the network, and have moved to a cellular network connection.  The problems only appear on my home network with the Access Point configured which is the only change I can think of since I noticed these problems.

FW Version: V1.0.4.68_10.1.75

Thank you!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You could try using a different dns provider if the ping device allows it. Maybe its an issue with dns. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16

All Replies
plemans
Guru

In access point mode, the primary router is whats controlling those features. 

does it work find if you directly connect to the primary router? 

Message 2 of 16
dschild
Guide

Good point, and yes it doesn't seem to work from the service provider's router either.  Can you please help me understand this issue...I can't imagine the pain it will be to try to find someone who can help with this from their support team.

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

If its not working directly connected to your isp's setup, then something in the gateway is stopping it. 

Sadly, you would need to contact them to find out what. 

Or you can try their forums/google to see if anyone else has had an issue with that specific gateway/setup. 

Message 4 of 16
dschild
Guide

Ok, thanks!  I have been searching all day, and it really is hard to know what to even search for.  My ISP is in Mexico, so it makes it even harder to get support or look through their forums. 

Also, I didn't have this problem when I had the two router's daisy chained together.  That said, I think you are right that the problem isn't with the AP.  Maybe this weekend I will try to go back to that configuration just to see if it still works that way.  I will confirm here if it does.

Message 5 of 16
plemans
Guru

what actual gateway is it? 

Message 6 of 16
dschild
Guide

It is Ping Communication model 7962v1

I couldn't find much information on it, but I did get access to the management interface.  Looked all over for something that might help.  Turned off the FW. Disabled the AP and went back to two routers, nothing seemed to help.

I haven't tried a Webex call yet, so we will see if there is any change in that, but tested Go Fund Me login and it  didn't work using either my router, or the GW. Of course, it could still be the GW, just not sure what is causing this, and why it worked before.

Thank you for your time and brains!

Message 7 of 16
plemans
Guru

You're right, there isn't much info out there on that device. And most is in spanish. 

Sorry, my understanding of spanish is limited to a few select words. 🙂

Message 8 of 16
plemans
Guru

You could try using a different dns provider if the ping device allows it. Maybe its an issue with dns. 

Message 9 of 16
dschild
Guide

The GW does allow me configure DNS to No-IP, TZO or DynDNS.org.  I need to create a logon for those to configure it.  Tried setting up No-IP and had something wrong, the status said "wrong option".  

Strangely, WEBEX is now working correctly with my current setup of using two routers in serial and using wifi to my router.  I will try testing it with a GW connection later.

That said, I believe that this has been two issues all along.  I didn't use GoFundMe until after making the change to an Access Point, so I associated it with the WEBEX problem and related both issues to the AP.  In fact, GoFundMe worked on my home network when I originally created my accounts (which was after configuring the AP) and then stopped working after a few hours.  I originally thought that GFM had blocked me, but then discovered that it worked if I used my cellular network instead of my home network.

Access Point         Router           GW

WEBEX:                   NOK                 OK                ??

GFM:                        NOK                NOK            NOK

But GFM (reCaptura) works from Cellular network (multiple devices) and for a short time worked on home network Access Point.

Message 10 of 16
dschild
Guide

Access Point         Router           GW

WEBEX:                   NOK                 OK              NOK

GFM:                        NOK                NOK            NOK

But GFM (reCaptura) works from Cellular network (multiple devices) and for a short time worked on home network Access Point.

WEBEX works from browser, but not from desktop client.  Sames as Access Point. GW performance is really bad (some distortion in voice quality), but Access Point was good.  I will look for anything that stands out between configuration of Router and GW.

Message 11 of 16
dschild
Guide

Ok, I think I have more informaiton on reCaptura.  Just for some background, we have two friends in Mexico who are both dealing with COVID, so we have created some GFM accounts for them.  However, you can't receive funds from GFM with a Mexican bank account and we are having to use a US account.

Anyway, the point of this is that we have been experimenting with how to create the account and assign a benificiary.  I was using both GFM accounts from the same PC (and Gateway IP).  When you receive an invitation from GFM to accept being a benificariary, it opens the link in your browser...but if you were already "signed in" to GFM with a different account...I think this breaks something with reCaptura...or you get marked as a suspect IP or something.

They only reason I say this, is basically we just replicated the issue with someone else's PC/network and it seems this issue may not have been related to my AP or GW at all.  I have no idea how to fix it once it has occured.  It doesn't appear to be related to my GFM account, but does appear to be linked to my GW IP, because the same behavior exists on all of my devices but it works with the same devices on my cellular network.

Message 12 of 16
dschild
Guide

Information from the Chrome Console

Capture.JPG

Message 13 of 16
dschild
Guide

Tried providing a picture of the Chrome console, but here is the error text.  I reported this issue to GFM and am thinking they decided to block my IP.

sign-in:1 Access to fetch at 'https://api.gofundme.com/auth/v1/login/email' from origin 'https://www.gofundme.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. If an opaque response serves your needs, set the request's mode to 'no-cors' to fetch the resource with CORS disabled.

api.gofundme.com/auth/v1/login/email:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED

Authentication.min.js?v=32.39:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'error' of undefined

at Authentication.min.js?v=32.39:1

When I logon via cellular network I get this error, but I am allowed access:

GET https://www.gofundme.com/assets/svg/fa-icons.svg net::ERR_ABORTED 404

I still would like to find a solution to WEBEX though.

Message 14 of 16
dschild
Guide

I changed DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it resolved the problem with the Webex Desktop Application.  Thank you!

Message 15 of 16
plemans
Guru

Glad it was an easy fix!

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements