Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NightHawk AC2100 - Crashing and Resetting

jsemle
Aspirant

NightHawk AC2100 - Crashing and Resetting

I've been struggling with my AC2100 for the past couple days. It worked perfectly for about 2 years, and has now started crashing constantly. Every time it boots up it factory resets itself, losing my settings, and forces me through initial setup. I've been hoping it may be a firmware issue so I've reverted a few times (currently on V1.2.0.42_1.0.1). I believe I had it set up automatically upgrade firmware before.

A reboot solves my problem for a couple hours at most, and then it crashes again, power cycle it, and I lose everything again... Looking for any other troubleshooting tips before I call it quits and get a new router.

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Got an old power supply sitting around that matches the one the router uses?

Make sure it has the same voltage and polarity. It can have HIGHER amperage but not lower. 

could always try that to see if its a power supply issue. 

Message 2 of 4
jsemle
Aspirant

Thanks! I don't think I do, but I'll look into buying one if this problem persists. I'd much rather replace a faulty power supply than the whole router.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Might not be worth buying one as if its not the power supply, then you might have been better off saving the $ for an upgrade on the router. 

That's why I usually have people dig around a bit and see if they have something matching. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7