Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk 6900 Smart Connect Broke With Update

Gward1
Aspirant

Nighthawk 6900 Smart Connect Broke With Update

Hello, I installed firmware update V1.3.0.20_10.1.1 and smart connect no longer works. All devices are listed as being on 2.4ghz even though smart connect box is ticked. I tried unticking and ticking it again to no avail. The router restarts when you do that as well. 5ghz devices were dropping previously which is why i updated it... now it seems theres another issue.... Thanks.
Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk 6900 Smart Connect Broke With Update

wrote:
Hello, I installed firmware update V1.3.0.20_10.1.1 and smart connect no longer works.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

wrote:
Hello, I installed firmware update V1.3.0.20_10.1.1 and smart connect no longer works.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

Message 2 of 4
Gward1
Aspirant

I reset it to factory and it fixed the issue.  The 5Ghz compatible devices are now on 5Ghz.  Still waiting to see if devices get dropped or not.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 4

That's good. Another one rescued by a factory reset.

Fingers crossed that it sticks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7