Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk 7900P FW v1.4.2.84, getting web site not found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors

Chops42
Initiate

Nighthawk 7900P FW v1.4.2.84, getting web site not found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors

After upgrading my Nighthawk 7900P to firmware v1.4.2.84, I am getting a fair amount of web site not found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors and have to reload to get to the web site.

I had to downgrade to firmware 1.4.1.68 to resovle the issue. 

Any one else seeing this problem? Any chance Netgear will fix soon?

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk 7900P FW v1.4.2.84, getting web site not found DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN errors

You're not the first to report the issues. Its across mutliple product lines. 

One thing you can try is enabling ipv6 on the router if you update it. I've see some issues with that disabled on the newer firmwares

Message 2 of 6

@plemans wrote:

You're not the first to report the issues.

You can say that again:

Search - NETGEAR Communities - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Message 3 of 6
Paulsur
Aspirant

Me Too.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can say that again:

Search - NETGEAR Communities - DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

@Paulsur wrote:

Me Too.

Message 5 of 6
Brina
Tutor

I too had the same problem after upgrading the firmware to v1.4.2.84.  Many internet sites not available.  Took the steps to reload the earlier version.  Seems to be working much smoother now, along with a computers in the home.
Sure seems like they overlooked something.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7