Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk D7000v2 Cannot login to router

Ttruz
Initiate

Nighthawk D7000v2 Cannot login to router

I bought a brand new Nighthawk modem today because my old modem doesnt support NBN but i have to login to the router to change some settings for using with satelite but it claims it cannot see the router either by wifi or directly plugged into a local computer.

I have tried resetting the modem, rebooting both the modem and the NBN box but nothing is working. I have cleared the history on wifi computer and local computer..

I have tried logging in with Genie, 192.168.0.1, 192.0.1.1 and routerlogin.net. 

Any solutions please?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

This is a user in Australia.  Homes have an NBN box installed which is basically a "public utility".  Think of it as an MPoE in your home that provides a public IP address. 

@Ttruz, you do not need an internet connection to log into your Netgear product.  DHCP is enabled by default.  If you restart the device  with a computer connected via ethernet to one of the 4 ports on the back it will assign an IP to that device.  The gateway IP can vary depending on FW and region.  Some will be 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1.  Safest bet might be routerlogin.net.  This will allow you to access / login to the modem/routers web interface. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] it claims it cannot see the router either by wifi or directly
> plugged into a local computer.

What, exactly, is "it"?  What, exactly, does "it" say?  As usual,
showing actual actions with their actual results (error messages, LED
indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

> [...] I have tried resetting the modem, rebooting both the modem and
> the NBN box but nothing is working. [...]

"the modem" is the D7000v2 (modem+router)?  What's "the NBN box"?
What, exactly, is connected to what, exactly?

> [...] I have tried logging in with Genie, 192.168.0.1, 192.0.1.1 and
> routerlogin.net.

Which "Genie"?  Ever helpful, Netgear uses the name "Genie" for more
than one thing.  Netgear routers have a web-browser interface called
"Genie", and Netgear offers application programs for various
computers/tabletss/phones, which are also called "Genie".  I'd stick
with the web-browser interface.

"192.0.1.1"?  "192.168.1.1"?

From what, connected how to what?  And what happened when you did?

Message 2 of 4

This is a user in Australia.  Homes have an NBN box installed which is basically a "public utility".  Think of it as an MPoE in your home that provides a public IP address. 

@Ttruz, you do not need an internet connection to log into your Netgear product.  DHCP is enabled by default.  If you restart the device  with a computer connected via ethernet to one of the 4 ports on the back it will assign an IP to that device.  The gateway IP can vary depending on FW and region.  Some will be 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1.  Safest bet might be routerlogin.net.  This will allow you to access / login to the modem/routers web interface. 

Message 3 of 4
Ttruz
Initiate

Thank you @shadowsports
I managed to login to the router by changing a setting on the genie web platform however I still cannot get onto the internet. The modem-router is connected to the NBN box and then to a satellite dish.
The nbn is working fine ( presumably, as the lights indicate so) but the internet symbol on the modem is solid red.
Waiting on the isp to call back to set up modem for me.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7