Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700v2 - WiFi suddenly dropped

e_lester3
Aspirant

Nighthawk R6700v2 - WiFi suddenly dropped

Yesterday our Wi-Fi suddenly dropped. I can still access the internet since my computer is directly connected with ethernet but we have no Wi-Fi. I've tried rebooting both the modem and the router (multiple times in different sequences). I've called my service provider for the modem and they say it's all working correctly. I did do the firmware upgrade this morning but that doesn't fix the problem. When I go to the website and login, I see "Internet Status: Good", Wireless - Warning Off". I don't know how to turn the wireless back off. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a factury reset. What should I do?

Capture2.PNG

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
e_lester3
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R6700v2 - WiFi suddenly dropped

Thank you! I did a factory reset (using the below instructions) and went through setup again and it works!

1. Have the router powered on (if just booted wait around one minute for it to load)
  2. With a sharp pen or paper clip, press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 seconds
  3. When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up
  4. The power light will be solid (not blinking) once the router is started. (Source: https://www.router-reset.com/info/Netgear/R6700v2)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did the wifi on/off button get hit? 

Push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

Message 2 of 7
e_lester3
Aspirant

I tried powering it off with the on/off switch but it's on. Do I push and hold for 2 seconds while trying to turn it off? And then do I wait to turn it back on?

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

The led lights should be lit up when its broadcasting. 

Message 4 of 7
e_lester3
Aspirant

Done. Still no Wi-Fi. 

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Did you try a factory reset and reinstalling (don't use a backup configuration)

Message 6 of 7
e_lester3
Aspirant

Thank you! I did a factory reset (using the below instructions) and went through setup again and it works!

1. Have the router powered on (if just booted wait around one minute for it to load)
  2. With a sharp pen or paper clip, press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 seconds
  3. When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up
  4. The power light will be solid (not blinking) once the router is started. (Source: https://www.router-reset.com/info/Netgear/R6700v2)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7