Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Devices Missing From Attached Devices

SithLord2K
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 Devices Missing From Attached Devices

After the latest firmware update 1.0.11.128, I had an issue where the attached devices list was not showing all of the devices connected. I found instrustions here to factory reset and manually set it back up. So I tried this, it worked. About a week ago, the breaker that is for the circuit that the router is plugged into was tripped. Ever since the router rebooted it has not shown the full list of attached devices. This morning I factory reset and set it back up and it will show the wired devices, but not the wireless devices. 

I shouldn't have to keep factory resetting my router when it restarts just to get the list of devices back. I had no issues with it until this latest firmware update. Every other update has been seemeless. I've had this router for a little under a year. Any help would be appreciated.

I have my modem ->  WAN on the router

I have a PC, Xbox, VOIP Phone, and another network hard wired. The second network is work related, consists of a router and an unmanaged switch which has 2 POS terminals connected.

Every other device (2 Phones, 2 Tablets, 2 Xboxs, 2 Laptops) are all wireless.

If there is any other information needed I can try to provide it.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
Miked2
Apprentice

I have the same issue.  It says Attached Devices = 20, yet the list has 5 in it.  After a full reset it worked for a couple weeks, now broken again!  Too hard to keep reseting the router!

Message 2 of 8
SithLord2K
Aspirant

Mine is at least accurate, it says 4 devices connected, it's just missing the other 7 to 8 devices that are usually connected

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you guys are having problems on v128 and have done resets and the problem still appears, I would revert back to a prior version of FW that worked for you. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 4 of 8
Miked2
Apprentice

Yea - I could keep reinstalling old FW to try to get stuff to work, and reseting the modem and re-entering all my settings.  But, since Netgear can't see to make products that just work, perhaps a new router is a better way to go.  My time is valuable.  Any thoughts on better similar products?

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

One can load up 3rd party FW and see if that works better. 

Do online searches for router reviews if your looking for something different. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8
SithLord2K
Aspirant

I'm going to give that a try tonight, unfortunately working from home and online schooling for my daughter limits what I can do during the day.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements