Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 Internet not working when Wifi is connected to Wifi-Extender

Dorohedoro
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 Internet not working when Wifi is connected to Wifi-Extender

The last couple of months, my internet is disconnecting randomly, but the connections all appear to be good. When I try to login to my router, I go to routerlogin.net and it takes me to login to my Linksys wifi extender, and I don't have wifi enabled on my PC, only wired connection directly to the R7000 router. The wifi extender is on a different floor, with different wifi credentials, so it makes no sense. If I disable the wifi from the router, my wired connection works fine (still sometimes chopy), and lets me login to the router then.

I don't understand how my wifi extender is affecting my router. If I disconnect the wifi extender from the power, with wifi still enabled on the router, the internet is fine, but turn it back on and it kills my internet. 

Any ideas on why this is occuring or any help on how to solve would be much appreciated.

Also, been trying to turn off WPS, but it turns off wifi completely, is that an intentional setting on this router?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Internet not working when Wifi is connected to Wifi-Extender

Kind of sounds like an extender issue. 

If everything works fine without the extender and you only run into issues when the extender is running, I'd be looking closer at the extender. 

what extender is it? 

Did you set it up using wps or using its own installation assistant?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series