Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 keeps restarting after firmware upgrade

Hanan770
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 keeps restarting after firmware upgrade

Hello,

I've tried to upgrade the firmware of my router manually (using the html GUI by uploading the .chk file) to the lateset version (v1.0.9.42_10.2.44) but unfortunately this time it seems to broke the Router.

The Router restarted itself after the upgrade but now it keep restarting...

I've tried to reinstall the firmware using the tftp method but it times out. The ping to the router IP address (192.168.1.1) is not consistent and thereforce i assume that the Router keeps restarting itself (as i can in the LEDs too).

It there anything else that i can try besides the tftp method?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk R7000 keeps restarting after firmware upgrade

@Hanan770,

No.  The TFTP Reflash (method) for recovery is the recommend procedure to recover from this condition. 

Success depends largely on proper configuration and most of all timing .  Don't be discouraged.  It can take 3-4 tries before you get it.  The "window of opportunity" to catch the router listening is brief.  Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Nighthawk R7000 keeps restarting after firmware upgrade

@Hanan770,

No.  The TFTP Reflash (method) for recovery is the recommend procedure to recover from this condition. 

Success depends largely on proper configuration and most of all timing .  Don't be discouraged.  It can take 3-4 tries before you get it.  The "window of opportunity" to catch the router listening is brief.  Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7