Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 suddenly and constantly dropping internet.

Axsimulate
Tutor

Nighthawk R7000 suddenly and constantly dropping internet.

My Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 with firmware V1.0.11.100_10.2.100 started dropping my internet. It does it multiple times a day.

This is not the first time this thing has done this. I've done everything from reset to factory settings to upgrading the firmware. Each time upgrading the firmware was the only thing to resolve the issue...for a period of time. I've been through this same scenario at least 3 to 4 times. Each time upgrading the firmware fixes it. What gives? The only problem this time is there is no new firmware to update to to fix it. It's almost like Netgear programs the router to start failing after a set amount of time passes so you upgrade.

Any ideas how to fix it this time without a new firmware to update to? Or am I off to the store to buy an new non Netgear router because this is not the first time with this issue with a Netgear router?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

the R7000 has been a problem child for firmwares. 

but there is a newer .116 version of the firmware out. did you try that? 

Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

the other option is the agreed upon stable version is the 1.0.9.42 version

Message 2 of 5
Axsimulate
Tutor

No I haven't. What's strange is that I used the Router Updates on the router itself and it tells me "No new firmware version available."
I'll certainly give it a try. Version 1.0.9.42 was doing the same thing.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

After changing firmware on the R7000, do a factory reset and clean install. By clean I mean don't use a backup configuration

Message 4 of 5
Axsimulate
Tutor

I've done all those steps the other times it done the same with older firmware. Updating the firmware has been the only solution. I've lost count how many times I've done a factory reset and painstakingly re-entered my setup. A very time consuming process.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7