Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7300 2.4Ghz Disconnecting/Disabling

X1l1
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7300 2.4Ghz Disconnecting/Disabling

I have a Nighthawk R7300 router and when I start a large download (anything greater than 10 gigabytes) on my playstation 4, I find my router's 2.4 band (the one that the PS4 is connected to) becomes disabled or disconnected after an unknown length of time. I have been able to replicate this several times with the PS4. Sometimes the 2.4 band becomes disabled and the 5ghz band remains available with internet connection. Other times both the 2.4 and 5ghz are available but do not have internet connections. I am using firmware version 1.0.0.54_1.0.17 with all default settings. 

Has anyone else had issues with this? I have many smart home devices (security, doorbell, etc.) that rely on the 2.4 connection so when it goes out, it cripples my smart home setup. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this from happening? I ran out of warranty on June 2017 but I believe my AMEX that I used to purchase this extends all warrantys by one year so I may still be in luck. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest that you contact Geeksquad for replacement. 

If in any case you would experience the same issue, feel free to let me know. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @X1|1

I suggest that you try to reinstall the firmware of the router.

After reinstalling the firmware, factory reset the unit and reconfigure it as if it's brand new out of the box.

By the way, which signal you're connecting to? Is it directly from the router or from the adapter?

Try to isolate if it's the router or the adapter for verification.

Message 2 of 4
X1l1
Aspirant

Thanks Elaine. I have reflashed the firmware, then reset the router and still have the issue, which can be replicated with the large download on the PS4 as detailed above. I do not use the adapter as the router itself covers my entire house.

I have not attempted to downgraded the firmware but based on the last two's release notes they were correcting security flaws, so it would be concerning to downgraded firmware.

At this point I have to believe this is a hardware issue with the 2.4ghz radio. Any other thoughts?
Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest that you contact Geeksquad for replacement. 

If in any case you would experience the same issue, feel free to let me know. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7