Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R7900 & AT&T MicroCell

Cryptodd
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R7900 & AT&T MicroCell

I replaced my AT&T Router with the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R7900 and now the AT&T MicroCell which was previously working well has issues with the outbound audio.  

The inbound audio to a cellphone via the AT&T Microcell works fine, but the outbound audio is choppy to the point of disrupting calls.  Calls are not dropped, but the outbound audio has gaps during a conversation. 

The Netgear Nighthawk X6 R7900 is running the latest firmware (Firmware Version V1.0.1.12_10.0.17).  

The MicroCell is an AT&T/Cisco MicroCell model DPH-154 (black casing).  All four LED lights are green on the MicroCell. 

I looked through the forum and could not locate a similar issue.  It worked before the NetGear router was deployed, and now the MicroCell has call quality issues that I would attribute to a router/network issue.  

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Cryptodd,

Try to check with Microcell if they need a port number to be opened in the router. Also try enabling the QoS and set the priority of microcell to high.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Cryptodd,

Try to check with Microcell if they need a port number to be opened in the router. Also try enabling the QoS and set the priority of microcell to high.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Cryptodd,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
Cryptodd
Aspirant

The solution worked.  Using the QoS settings did the trick. Thank you for the suggestion!

Message 4 of 6
TheWorstPing
Apprentice

why to high? and not to HIGHEST? curious , are you hinting that the High priority has different values that would be of better benefit than the highest option of priority? and that somewhere in the dynamic qos settings a hidden priority tree is making the best dicision for that users issue to work best when set to high? given there is no transparency on what these prioritiy values mean and what theyre best used for when the average users comon knowledge is that highest will mean best for anything and lowest would mean something else........

Message 5 of 6
Cryptodd
Aspirant

I used Highest and High QoS settings.  I settled on the High QoS setting because it did the trick and I wanted to minimize the possibility of adversely affecting other applications/traffic.  If I run into issues, I can subsequently move it to Highest, however High is working fine at present. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7