Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk r7500 cannot connect to internet wish Samsung s7

car2gr4
Aspirant

Nighthawk r7500 cannot connect to internet wish Samsung s7

I have R7500 that has the latest firmware installed on it and allows all of my devices to connect and access the internet.  I just recently got a Samsung galaxy s7 and am now unable to connect to the internet.  I have tried connecting to the 4.2 GHz, 5.0 GHz and guest networks with and without security with no success.  I have all the recent firmwares installed on both the s7 and R7500.   I have also tested/verified that my s7 can connect to other networks just not my home network.  Well it is connecting to my home network it just can't access the internet.  I have also rebooted the router and phone, with no change.  I have also booted the phone into safe mode with out any change.   Any help would be grealty appreciated.  I hope that I don't need to get a new router just because of one new device.

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk r7500 cannot connect to internet wish Samsung s7

Hi car2gr4,

Try changing channels of your wireless network and make sure that Access control is not enabled.

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi car2gr4,

Try changing channels of your wireless network and make sure that Access control is not enabled.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
car2gr4
Aspirant

JamesGL,

Yes that worked. I switched from auto to a specific channel and now my s7 is able to connect.

This issue has been resolved

Message 3 of 5
car2gr4
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi car2gr4,

I am glad to know it works now. We encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7