Master

Re: No firmware updates, even when a Netgear email says there is one

NG is usually slow in adding updates to its download server

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

What device model do you have? 

What version of the firmware are you on? 

go to the support site https://www.netgear.com/support/   type in your model and it'll take you to your devices support site. here you can compare which version you're on to whats released. (sometimes the auto-update version can be newer)

Message 3 of 5
rsteve1
Initiate

Thank you for your guidance about the support site.  My rounter seems to be working fine and I hesitate to take some of the steps mentioned at the support site.  My WNDR4500v3 is working fine, I'm just worried about hacking because I don't have the latest fixes because the firmware hasn't changed since January, even though I've had an email that tells me there is an update.  I've been to the advanced section of my router's site to check for updates (about every 2 months) and there aren't any.

Thanks again for your quick reply and for sharing your knowledge.

Ron

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 4 of 5

@rsteve1 wrote:

My WNDR4500v3 is working fine, I'm just worried about hacking because I don't have the latest fixes because the firmware hasn't changed since January, even though I've had an email that tells me there is an update. 

A device that old, dating back to 2013, is approaching "EOL" (end of life) as far as Netgear is concerned. It was never that sophisticated. It doesn't seem to support 5 GHz wifi. But if it works for you, fine.

@rsteve1 wrote:

I've been to the advanced section of my router's site to check for updates (about every 2 months) and there aren't any.

I don't know what "the advanced section of my router's site" is, but for the latest firmware visit the support pages on the Netgear site.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7