Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Forwarding R7000

dennisr0
Aspirant

Port Forwarding R7000

Trying to port forward to the security cameras on my home network. When I enter the Internet address of the router with the port number appended I get a message of "connection refused". Same thing happens when I just enter the IP address without the port number. I tried turning off access control in Advanced Setup but nothing changed.

The setup for port forwarding seems pretty simple and I have used port forwarding before on a Linksys router and there was nothing to it - worked perfectly right away.

Did firmware check and the router reports up to date.

There must be something real simple I am overlooking.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

"Internet address"?

You should use the local, private addresses of the Cams, not the Internet address of the router.

What firmware are you using?
What modem/ONT are you using, model?
Message 2 of 5
dennisr0
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V1.0.11.126_10.2.112

I use the local 192.168 address as the destination of the forward but I think I still need to use the Internet address of the router to get to the router from out on  the public Internet.

Message 3 of 5

@dennisr0 wrote:

Trying to port forward to the security cameras on my home network.

Make and model of the cameras? Maybe someone has "been there, done that" and can point the way.

The people who make these things are often clueless and their setup instructions are hopeless.

Message 4 of 5
dennisr0
Aspirant

Vivotek cameras and I have several models but the software and instructions are pretty much all the same. However, I don't think the port forward is getting past the router so the camera isn't the problem. When I try to connect to the router I get a message that the router has rejected the connection. It rejects the connection whether I append the port number to the router IP or not.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7