Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R 8300 can't change the user to my email on the nighthawk app

Mikeee22
Follower

R 8300 can't change the user to my email on the nighthawk app

trying to get into my router to reboot it, trying to play golf clash on my amazon fire tablet and it keeps giving me an error code 106.19 everyone says to reboot my router, problem is I can't access through my nighthawk app  beause admin is the default and it won't let me change username to my email.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: R 8300 can't change the user to my email on the nighthawk app

@Mikeee22 wrote:

trying to get into my router to reboot it, trying to play golf clash on my amazon fire tablet and it keeps giving me an error code 106.19 everyone says to reboot my router, problem is I can't access through my nighthawk app  beause admin is the default and it won't let me change username to my email.

First of all, you do not need to access your router to reboot it, simply pull the power cord, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in.

Recommend you avoid use of the mobile application.  Usually results in more problems than when you started.

To log in to the router user interface, the user name is admin and it cannot be changed.  The password is what you setup when you first configured the router.  The best option is to use a web browser on a computer that is connected to your router with an Ethernet cable.  The next best option is to use a computer to connect to the Wi-Fi being broadcast from the router.  The SSID and password for the Wi-Fi  are items you set up when you first configured the router.  Once connected, you use a web browser to access the user interface.

Again, I recommend you avoid the mobile application.  There are several good ways to access the user interface as described in this article:  https://kb.netgear.com/27199/I-can-t-access-my-router-what-do-I-do

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series