Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700v3

kkacz
Aspirant

R6700v3

I am totally out of my ellement here, but I tried to use my Nighthawh at my dad's house, replacing a standard router from Spectrum and I can't get any of my devices to connect. The message that I am getting saye "connected, no internet." I'm sure I hooked everything up in the correct order, as I hooked back up the Spectrum router and it works fine. Seems like I had an issue at my ole house with the ip address knocking off my printer so someone I may have talked to could have set my router to a static IP?? But I'm not even sure what this is or how to change it. Any advice would be way more than knowledge than I have at the moment! 🙂 TIA!

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

what modem are you connecting it to? 

Did you factory reset the router prior to trying to set it up? (in case an old setting from your place is causing issues)

Also try to follow this order. 

1. power off the modem and the router and disconnect everything from both. Even coax from modem

2. wait 2 minutes

3. connect coax back to modem and power it on

4. give it 2 minutes

5. connect modem to wan port on router and power the router on

6. wait 2 minutes

7 attempt setup on the router. 

Message 2 of 6

@kkacz wrote:

I am totally out of my ellement here, but I tried to use my Nighthawh at my dad's house, replacing a standard router from Spectrum and I can't get any of my devices to connect.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

I mention it because they don't supply manuals these days.

@kkacz wrote:

The message that I am getting saye "connected, no internet."

Message from what? Wifi devices? A PC? Something else?

If it is a Windows PC try this:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Message 3 of 6
kkacz
Aspirant

Thank you for your response! We did all of these but I'm not sure if my son disconnected the coax cable also. I will have him give it a try!

Message 4 of 6
kkacz
Aspirant

Thansk for your support! The no internet msg was coming from our phones when trying to connect to WiFi. 

Message 5 of 6

@kkacz wrote:

Thansk for your support! The no internet msg was coming from our phones when trying to connect to WiFi. 

They could see the router's SSID and connect to the wifi?

What does fhe Internet LED look like on the R6700v3?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7