Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 WiFi schedule issues

Gil80
Apprentice

R7000 WiFi schedule issues

Hi all.

The WiFi schedule is buggy and I wanted to know if someone has an idea to make it work correctly.

1. The router time zone is not correct - this is just an observation. I do not know where there router obtains it's time zone since it's never switching on or off at the desired time setting.

2. The GUI Start and End time is not clear nor user friendly. Does it refer to start of the 'switch off' schedule? Or does it refer to 'start the wifi antenna'?

It would be much clearer if it was written as WiFi On and WiFi Off.

Hope someone can help. This is relatively an easy feature to implement. I have no idea why such a simple thing won't work as expected
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R7000 WiFi schedule issues

Hi Gil80,

You can change the Timezone under security>schedule.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gil80,

You can change the Timezone under security>schedule.

Message 2 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gil80,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 7
Gil80
Apprentice

Thanks. It's working now. 

Message 4 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Gil80,

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 5 of 7
tomilie
Aspirant

Hi

I have other question: can we set several schedules for wifi, by example:

- During working days : schedule 1

- During week end: schedule 2

I saw that we can set several schedule, but in column "period", we can select only one.

Thanks for your support 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
amediamonkey
Aspirant

@JamesGL wrote:

Hi Gil80,

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

The solution posted here does indeed work and I would happily mark it as the preferred solution. It allows the user to select which services are scheduled and I just ticked ALL to stop the kids (and parents!) accessing the internet in the night.

HOWEVER, the solution posted elsewhere on the Netgear support website  does not work: 

https://kb.netgear.com/24102/How-do-I-set-up-the-wireless-schedule-on-my-Nighthawk-router# 

This appears to shut down the WiFi at scheduled times, but simply does not work. The GUI says the WiFi is off, but you can still happily connect to it. Correct this, then the problem will be solved.

Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7