Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000 and R8000 Drops, Loss, Jitter, and all of the above.

BillClinternet
Apprentice

Still have issues when connected overnight. I switched my 2 access points around. Is there any settings in the router I should check for?
Message 26 of 32
plemans
Guru

I'm not 100% sold on it being the devices. When I find multiple devices with the same issue, I struggle to believe its that device. 

And in AP mode, so much is disabled, the router isn't doing a whole lot with the data. 

Which features are disabled on my NETGEAR router when it is set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Message 27 of 32
BillClinternet
Apprentice

I’ve done tests on everything. It always lead me back to the devices. I said before when they were on dd wrt they had no issues and I had to manually change all the settings to make it an access point. Every time I go back to netgears firmware I get issues. This could be because I don’t have the option for automatic 5g channels or tx power.
Message 28 of 32
BillClinternet
Apprentice

There’s a good amount of interference in my area and for some reason netgear doesn’t allow auto 5g channels and I can only change broadcast power on my r7000.
Message 29 of 32
BillClinternet
Apprentice

My gaming pc is wired straight to my main router. Never had issues and Speedtest always hits max instantly. I’ve concluded it’s not my modem or main router. It appears to be a netgear software issue and lack of customization in their software.
Message 30 of 32
BillClinternet
Apprentice

Just ordered a new modem from spectrum so I’m about to find out for sure if that’s the issue in a couple days. Also probably going to downgrade my access points firmware to 1.0.4.68.
Message 31 of 32
BillClinternet
Apprentice

New modem and the line was checked and everything was working normally. I’ve figured out what the cause of the issues is. 1. The loss is caused by interference on my 5G Wi-Fi, due to netgear not having automatic channels for 5G I have to constantly switch it myself. 2. The bad speed and loss after being connected overnight is 100 percent a software issue and has been resolved by a hard reset but will come back like it always has. My conclusion is what was said before, avoid netgear equipment unless it’s newer models but after this experience I don’t want to deal with anything netgear ever again. The only thing that’s consistent with netgear is how every support person is persistently blaming the ISP or modem, I suppose the easiest route is to blame the other person.
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7