Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 cannot be seen by HP T120 printer (wired and wireless)

ferret141
Aspirant

R7800 cannot be seen by HP T120 printer (wired and wireless)

I have purchased a HP T120 Printer. It cannot see my R7800. Whether wired or wireless. 

When trying to connect wirelessly I can see the neighbour's router on the printer but not mine. I have also ran a hotspot on my phone which it sees and connects to fine. 

When connected via ethernet it obtains no IP and cannot be seen. I have tried giving the printer a static IP. The router sees it but it cannot be contacted via any software to print.

Network settings on the printer have been reset.

On the same network I have another HP printer which connects fine from three storeys up in the house. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ferret141
Aspirant

Re: R7800 cannot be seen by HP T120 printer (wired and wireless)

Drivers are already loaded, even though they do not need to be.

I am now able to connect it via wifi. The printer did not like the router sitting in channel 13. Switched to channel 1 and it could find the network. Printed successfully too.

I have not figured why it doesn't connect via LAN

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Dis you load the printer's drivers on your desktop (or whatever you are using)?

Message 2 of 6
ferret141
Aspirant

Drivers are already loaded, even though they do not need to be.

I am now able to connect it via wifi. The printer did not like the router sitting in channel 13. Switched to channel 1 and it could find the network. Printed successfully too.

I have not figured why it doesn't connect via LAN

Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

Yes, printers will look for 2.4ghz non-overlapping channels - 1,6, or 11.

Message 4 of 6
ferret141
Aspirant

What I found strange was that my other HP printer, a consumer printer, was able to see the network fine despite being on channel 13.

I'm still trying to figure out why I couldn't connect via LAN though.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your LAN wired printer is set up in it's networking for Automatic DHCP. Swap LAN cables and check the routers connected clients table to see what or if the printer is listed there and what IP address its getting. 

You can also do this. Set your routers default IP address pool for 192.168.1.100 to .200. Then go to your printer and set up a STATIC IP address instead of using Automatic DHCP. Set the IP address to out side of the routers default IP address pool, not with in it. Then go to your PCs and point the printer driver in windows to this IP address. Good thing is that the IP address will remain the same and won't check. I have 3 printers on my R7800 and there all STATIC. No worries. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7