Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 defaults after power outage

cjs14
Star

R7800 defaults after power outage

Had an issue a few months back (kudos to plemans and michaelkenward for their assistance!!!) where CM1000 and R7800 needed reboot daily due to poor cable wiring. Got that corrected with new ISP run from pole to the house. I also had upgraded to V1.0.2.90 at the time and when power cycling, i.e. unplugging the R7800, it would come back up with correct settings.
Lately however, due to some remodeling where the pair live, when unplugging the R7800 it will default to factory settings, all the way back to as if first powered up asking to create an account. I had also created a backup config file but that doesn't seem to work. Any assistance most appreciated. 

Thanks

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: R7800 defaults after power outage

something might have gotten corrupt in the firmware. 

I'd try reinstalling the firmware, then do a factory reset and clean install (in case its something in the settings/backup settings corrupt)

Message 2 of 9
cjs14
Star

Thanks, I'll give that a try this weekend. Thanks again for the help with the connectivity issue, signal was stable after ISP replaced the cable from the street but was still too hot, adding a 12db pad seems to have solved the problem. 

Message 3 of 9
cjs14
Star

So I tried your suggestion, reinstalled firmware, then reset (not sure what you mean by clean install, software for remote access?).

Same issue, unplug power for a minute, restart, login and up pops as if booting for the first time, step through assign admin PW, secret questions, etc. 

Very frustrating if I'm not home and able to reset for family. Appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
plemans
Guru

Have you tried downgrading the firmware a version?

Message 5 of 9
cjs14
Star

No I did not, suppose I'll try that next. 

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

good luck!

Message 7 of 9
cjs14
Star

I'll let you (and others) know!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

How are you loading FW?

You might give Voxels FW a try as well. 

I just checked my R7800 which had been unplugged for several day. Came up and still had it's configuration. v.134 loaded. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7