Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7960P Changed firmware due to security concerns. Now I'm even more worried. Can someone look logs

Moba24
Aspirant

R7960P Changed firmware due to security concerns. Now I'm even more worried. Can someone look logs

R7960P Changed firmware due to security concerns. Now I'm even more worried. Can someone look at the logs?
I changed firmware. I thought I had the newest but the site said there was a newer firmware so I went to go upload it and the router told me the version I had was more up to date. Regardless of that I did an update. Okay.... so at first when I logged into the router the other day I saw a dev device connected and an unknown. Soon after that my connection was killed and I had to log back in. When I did those were gone. So today I log in and started recording the logs. Boom, my internet goes out and connection to router dies. What's weird is when I sign back in the NTP server had changed to another time zone. Super odd. Anyways. I normally see the false positives. But I actually have flood attacks. Also, whenever I go to a site it won't load the first time then it loads. It's odd. Can someone look at my logs? I have a new orbi I should just put in. Also thinking about PFsense or if the orbi has bitdefender I'll use.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7960P Changed firmware due to security concerns. Now I'm even more worried. Can someone look

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Do you have any Apple devices, if so, disable the WiFi Private IP Address feature on these devices while at home. This feature when enabled will appear as a "DEV" or unknown device on the routers web page. This feature randomizes the MAC address on Apple devices. Thus causing the router to display a unknown or DEV host name. 

Message 2 of 9
Wxstrn
Aspirant

Re: R7960P Changed firmware due to security concerns. Now I'm even more worried. Can someone look

Firmware Version
V1.4.3.88_1.3.50
BASIC

Getting weird site not secure
CM2000 Netgear is modem
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What site is this and on what device are you seeing this on? 

Message 4 of 9
Wxstrn
Aspirant

Just the normal 192. I changed to https but turned that off. All devices
Message 5 of 9
Wxstrn
Aspirant

Weird on wifi my iCloud wasn’t updating and was getting cannot connect to server and said last updated was 7/14/22 then went to mobile and was fine and refreshed wifi and it’s working. Im probably going to change routers.
Message 6 of 9

@Wxstrn wrote:

Getting weird site not secure

What is he exact message?

If that is in your browser, try another one.

Browser makers keep changing their approach to security. Something that works one day can fall over after an update.

Another possibility is your operating system, Windows, for example, tries to defend us from the cruel world and sometimes gets overprotective.

Did a bit deeper to see what is going on.

Message 7 of 9
Moba24
Aspirant

Thanks! Not so worried about the browser. I issued an ssl then revoked it. Was me. I’m more worried about the logs and disconnects.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you explain more about the Disconnects? 

Is the router disconnecting or devices? 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7