Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7960P locks up when you try Disable auto firmware updates

BigItch
Aspirant

R7960P locks up when you try Disable auto firmware updates

I've been fighting the Firmware DNS issues for months now, but have routinely backed up to an older firmware version that does not have the issues . . . now, the AutoUpdate feature uploads and installs the newest firmware daily, and I have to manually reinstall the old version to function.

When I click the "disable" button for the Auto-Update feature, and hit "Apply" - the router locks up and is no longer accessible until I do a power down. . .any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7960P locks up when you try Disable auto firmware updates

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What browser are you using? 

Message 2 of 5
BigItch
Aspirant

I'm using the newest version of Chrome . . .Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The version that I back up to is v1.4.1.68_1.3.28 because that's the last one I have that doesn't exhibit the DNS issues.

The version that auto-updates is v1.4.3.88_1.3.50 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Does it happen in other browsers as well? 

I have mine online now however I haven't tried to disable auto updates yet. I use MS Edge to set it up the other day. 

One can enable IPv6 as a work around for DNS issue. I believe I saw some DNS issues yesterday however I'm giving it a bit more time on v.88

Message 4 of 5
BigItch
Aspirant

I'll try Edge after I get to the office and reset the router . . .can't connect to it after this lockup after "Save"

Thanks for your help . . . if you're able to "Disable" with no issues, let me know . . .thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7