Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 - WIFI Speed

VTR01
Aspirant

R8000 - WIFI Speed

Need some help on increasing the wifi speed on this router. I upgraded my broadband to 1 gb, and it's pushing over 900 mb when directly connected to the modem. Connect through the router, and I am lucky to get 300 mb. I have seen other people have the same issue, and it's looks like I need to back rev the firmware to correct this issue. Just wanted to verify that this is really the fix, and how much more throughput can I expect. I have not reset to the factory options, I have read that this really doesn't do anything to correct the problem. I just upgraded to the latest release of the firmware that was just released a couple of days ago, no change. Anyone who has had this problem and corrected it, I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000 - WIFI Speed

Its tough because many things impact wifi speeds. 

It could be the device you're testing on.

it could be interference.

it could be qos, traffic monitoring, access controls, parental controls. 

I'd start with disabling the 4 above. They're not recommended at speeds >250mbps. 

if that doesn't fix it, try just a simple factory reset and reinstall manually. (not from backup). 

Try those before downgrading. 

What device are you testing with? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Its tough because many things impact wifi speeds. 

It could be the device you're testing on.

it could be interference.

it could be qos, traffic monitoring, access controls, parental controls. 

I'd start with disabling the 4 above. They're not recommended at speeds >250mbps. 

if that doesn't fix it, try just a simple factory reset and reinstall manually. (not from backup). 

Try those before downgrading. 

What device are you testing with? 

Message 2 of 3
VTR01
Aspirant

MacBook Pro, about 1 1/2 years old.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation