Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 drops internet connection

Reenio
Aspirant

R8000 drops internet connection

My Netgear router is contantly dropping connection. It was working fine for the first 6 months after purchase. I had updated the firmware months ago and everything was working fine afterwards. Connection is fine through cable modem. Not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Reenio
Aspirant

Re: R8000 drops internet

Thank you. It turned out there was a line problem. Too much static. It was all cleared on the ISP end and now works to its expectations again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 drops internet connection

Hi Reenio,

Reset the router and manually reconfigure the device.

Message 2 of 6
Reenio
Aspirant

Re: R8000 drops internet

Thank you. It turned out there was a line problem. Too much static. It was all cleared on the ISP end and now works to its expectations again.

Message 3 of 6
Huddo1970
Aspirant

I have he same issue. Thought it was modem but now suspicious it's the router as it drops out for short periods daily. Mainly Apple products, but even the wired Fetch Tv loses Internet at same time. Netflix works wirelessly, at the same time iPhone 6 drops Internet? Confused. Been going on for a fortnight, before then the 8000 has been rock solid.
Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi Huddo1970,

Please check if wired connection is having the same problem. If yes, try connecting a computer directly to the modem and observe the conneciton. If connection drops, you may need to contact ISP.

Message 5 of 6
Huddo1970
Aspirant

Hi, did all that and the wired connection dropped, but wifi worked and vice versa. Reset to factory same, disconnected completely and used new Optus Modem/Wifi, no issues all week.

Optus tech checked everything, changed the splitter to boost RF levels and replaced modem. I think my R8000 is def fauly after only 13 months :-(???

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7