Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 router connected with BT FFTH

N3th4wk
Aspirant

R8000 router connected with BT FFTH

Hi, I need help in setting up my R8000 router with a BT hub after we have just had installed FFTH. The Bt engineer has connected the Fibre to one of my 4 ethernet connections on the BT hub, and enabled a passthrough on the hub

I have then connected the R8000 to the BT hub via ethernet, but where do I connect it to , the yellow or black ports on the R8000. I have tried the yellow one and I get a solid amber light on display for internet - so that isn't working

I cant connect to the R8000 via the app to allow me to set up the PPPoE which I then think would allow me to connect the Black BT port to the Black R8000 port, but I cannot get the app to complete this

The BT Hub is working as expected, and I have other ports connected to PC / BT whole home discs, which is what I want to remove and replace with the R8000

Been at this for 2 days and cannot fathom the connections out, do I need to alter any other settings

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000 router connected with BT FFTH

Has to be the Yellow WAN port in back of the R8000.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Try the R8000 in AP mode with out IP Pass thru on the ISP router. 

Message 2 of 6
N3th4wk
Aspirant

HI FURRYe38, I have tried the set up as you have suggested, but I still get an orange light on theR8000 unit for internet connection, so I don't believe I have a live internet connection, the light occasionally flickers like its trying to make a connection but nothing happens

Any other suggestions would be most welcome

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try the R8000 in AP mode with out IP Pass thru on the ISP router. 

https://kb.netgear.com/20927/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-to-AP-mode

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 4 of 6
N3th4wk
Aspirant

Hi againFURRYe38, can you please explain in simply words how I get this R8000 into AP mode, when I cant connect to it

Message 5 of 6

How do I change my NETGEAR router to AP mode? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

And, of course, the manual:

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7