Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 update and Samsung Smart TVs

Richard35
Tutor

R8000 update and Samsung Smart TVs

I updated my R8000 to the newest firmware recently and I cannot get access to most of the streamed programs like Amazon Instants and Netflix on either of my Samsung smart TVs. Rolling back to firmware 1.0.3.54 allows the TVs access to the internet programs, the newer 1.0.4.2 or the newest 1.0.4.4 seem to block access. I've wasted a day trying factory resets after the update but no success. I'm not a technophile and just want it to work. any simple ideas to fix this? Apart from stop updating firmware (but that leaves me vulnerable to security issues?). Many thanks.

Richard

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R8000 update and Samsung Smart TVs

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
Richard35
Tutor

Nobody?

Looking through recent threads there seems to be a theme with Samsung products not being happy with the recent firmware updates?

If it helps both TVs are wired connections back to the router.

Message 2 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Richard35,

just to verify, both TVs are wired to the router.

Both cannot access streaming programs using the latest 2 firmwares?

Does other devices have internet access with the latest firmwares?

Message 3 of 10
Richard35
Tutor

Yes, both connected to router by wire, no wireless connection.

As far as I can tell everything else was working fine apart from the smart TVs access to streaming services. I’m now back on the older firmware that works so I’m not seeing any problems now.

Regards

Richard

Message 4 of 10
Richard35
Tutor

Just had email from this forum telling me there was a solution posted. No there isn’t! I’ve rolled back to the old FW to make things work but I was under the impression that there were security vulnerabilities in the old FW and that’s why I updated. What’s the story? Should I live with the older firmware and everything works or do I need to find a fix to make it work with the newer, (safer?) Firmware?

Message 5 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Richard35,

Please try this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000054461/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-12

Message 6 of 10
Richard35
Tutor

Hi James just installed and seems to be working OK. Many thanks, I'll have a proper play tomorrow and let ypu know if there's a problem. Very pleased thank you.

Richard

Message 7 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Richard35,

Any updates on the firmware?

Message 8 of 10
Richard35
Tutor

Thanks James

All seems to be working OK. Certainly both TVs can access streaming services again now and everything else seems as before.

Many thanks for your help getting this fixed.

Richard

Message 9 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Richard35,

You are welcome. 

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7